The Buderim Library was first established in 1887 by Mr James Lindsay, only 20 years after Buderim was first settled.
Mr Lindsay was one of the original settlers and arranged with the Brisbane School of Arts for the supply of library books and loaned them to fellow settlers in the Buderim area from his home Ryhope.
In 1924, The Buderim School of Arts was built and the Buderim Library was moved to a permanent home.
In 1989, The Buderim Hall was renovated and the the Buderim Library was doubled in size to what it is today.
The Buderim Library has been loaning books for over 125 years and is possibly one of the oldest libraries in Queensland, run solely by volunteers and funded by membership fees, money raised from our yearly Easter Book Fair and grants.